Click Start button (for Windows 7 only) OR the Search button (for Windows 10)
In the "Search" bar, type:
- "Computer" (Windows 7 only); select "Computer" OR
- "This PC" (Windows 10 only); select "This PC"
In the next window, select "Map Network Drive" from the action bar across the top:
In the next pop-up window:
- Drive: Choose any label for the drive (e.g. X:)
- Folder: Type - \\melkor.is.uindy.edu\drivename (will be UIndy username for your personal locker space or departmental share name for a shared Melkor folder)
- Check "Reconnect at sign-in" box (this is only for department shares, do not check this if you are connecting to Rivendell).
- The "Connect using different credentials" box should only be checked if the password with which you login to the computer is different from your UIndy account password.
- Click "Finish"
Click "Go" menu on top of desktop
Connect to server...
smb://melkor.is.uindy.edu/drivename (will be UIndy username for your personal locker space or departmental share name for a shared Melkor folder)