Course content can be copied between any two ACE sites. Please see "What is the process for moving course material from one ACE site to another" for an overview. If you have not already completed the steps for preparing to copy content, please review the steps here.
To copy the content, please do the following:
- Click on the My Sites tab in the upper right of your screen. This will give you a list of all the sites to which you have access.
- You will see a number of courses and other sites divided by Semesters and other categories. Find and click on the course into which you would like to copy material. This is your "destination site."
- On your destination site's home page, click Site Editor under Site Management.
- Click on Import from Site.
- Carefully read the descriptions for each function listed on this page. Choose the function that fits your need, and click its respective link; you may only choose one:
- Replacing Data: Any existing data in the destination site will be overwritten, replaced by your imported data. This method allows you to import Gradebook settings, however, it is recommended that gradebook setting are NOT transfered between sites.
- Merging Data: Your imported data will merge with any existing data in the destination site. This method will not import Gradebook settings.
- Merging Users: Your imported user(s) will merge with existing users. This method does not import roster-provided users.
- Click the radio button next to the site from which you want to import material. This is your "source site".
- Click Continue.
- Choose the material, sorted by areas, that you want to copy to the source site by clicking the checkboxes by each tool. If the destination site does not have the particular tool turned on, the option to click the checkbox will be grayed out. (Note: If you are copying to a new Course Site, you may not want to copy Calendar content since items will be populated into the Calendar as you take them out of draft mode in the new site).
- Click Finish. Your material has now been copied over.